- Showcase New Jersey’s agriculture
- Provide safe, family-friendly entertainment and engaging educational activities
- Promote youth development
- Provide support to charitable non-profit agencies
The Sussex County Farm and Horse Show Association oversees the Sussex County Fairgrounds, and plans and implements the Fair. All Members of our Executive Board and Board Directors are volunteers who provide countless hours of work and knowledge to make our fairgrounds a success. Without these efforts and those of over 1,300 volunteers—The Sussex County Fairgrounds would not be the positive influence within the community as it has been for over 75 years.
The Fairgrounds consist of over 150 acres with 25+ permanent buildings and adjoining field space. These areas are available for rent for events year round. The Fairgrounds has a maintenance staff that keep the grounds maintained and attractive throughout the seasons.
The Sussex County Farm & Horse Show Association, Inc. is a not for profit corporation recognized by the IRS as a 501 (c)(3) organization. Contributions are tax deductible in accordance with IRS regulations for Charitable Donations. Our sponsors help to underwrite the cost of development of the grounds and events during the Fair. The Fairgrounds receives no monetary support from government sources.
The Fairgrounds supports its mission statement by:
- Showcasing agriculture in the large agricultural area at the Fair and through various events such as the Honey and Garlic Festival
- Providing family entertainment during the Fair in the Family Entertainment Area and throughout the grounds with acts like Melody Farm Follies and the Farm Fun Building full of activities for children
- The Agricultural Learning Center’s in class and on site programming on agricultural topics and free resources for teachers
- The presence of 4H during the Fair—its Shotwell Building providing a space for club projects and activities and classes in livestock and horse shows during the Fair
- A number of non-profits have a presence on the grounds during the Fair-some in permanent buildings- where they raise funds for their groups.
- Non-profit entities receive a discount when they rent the grounds outside of the Fair.